Rutherford Civic Association Board Meeting
- In attendance were Julia Wilson, Jennie Deveaux, Linda Zach, Christine Brim, Mary Rizek, Jenny Raymer, Anne Prior, and Evan Flint
- Fall Festival update given by Jenny Raymer. Fall festival will join the pool’s Trunk-or-Treat this year with a craft table, hot cocoa table, and possible a game depending on number of volunteers
- Linda Zach gave an update on the Nov. 4th general meeting. Harry Hink and Brad Wisley will be guest speakers, Karen Cogan will speak about the Santa program, and the website will be announced. (Kathy and Evan will work out the paypal link on the website)
- Julia Wilson gave an update on Neighborhood Watch. There are 40+ people interested in being involved in the program, but nobody is signing up on the Signupgenious.com to patrol. Christine Brim volunteered to call people and slot times for volunteers to patrol.
- Anne and Linda gave an update on the Welcome Letter for block captains to hand out to new neighbors. Anne and Linda have revised the letter and will be ordering stadium cups with a Rutherford logo to hand out to new neighbors (and volunteers).
- Jennie Deveaux will look into hosting a new neighbor get-together.
- Julia will pursue traffic calming at the cross walks on Olley (at school crossing) and Guinea(at park)
- Anne agreed to add a “Code Corner” in the newsletter. “Code Corner” will share information about county codes/ordinances to help keep the Rutherford neighborhood compliant with county laws.
- Julia spoke about having a RCA Spring activity, possibly an Egg Hunt, with the pool.
- Julia spoke about having a volunteer appreciation event in Rutherford. Christine Brim volunteered to host a thank-you party for Rutherford volunteers.